REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL
RFP NO. 2022-002
Town of Blacksburg Comprehensive Plan 2030
The Town of Blacksburg is in search of a consultant to take lead on the development of a Comprehensive Plan along with assistance from town staff. The consultant will work with the Town Administrator, Assistant Town Administrator, Zoning Administrator, Town Council, and the Community to facilitate public engagement and establish goals, objectives, and recommendations within the required plan elements. This plan will incorporate recent planning efforts pertaining to transportation, population, housing, resources, and economic development as expected. Primary efforts will be spent on Land use and Projected Future Growth. See the Project Scope included within this RFP for complete details.
THE DEADLINE FOR QUESTIONS IS 12:00 P.M., MAY, 31, 2022. ANSWERS TO SUBMITTED QUESTIONS WILL BE POSTED ON THE TOWN WEBSITE BY 5:00 PM ON JUNE 1, 2022.
SUBMIT One (1) original, Two (1) copies, and One (1) digital on a flash drive marked "RFP Comp Plan for Town of Blacksburg" of all requested documentation must be received on or before 4:00 P.M. ET on June 8, 2022.
Use this Link to Access RFP 2022-002 for the Town of Blacksburg Comprehensive Plan: RFP 2022-002 - Comprehensive Plan - Town of Blacksburg, SC
1. Does the Town have a budget allocated for the Comprehensive Plan? If so, could you share what it is? Yes, and No.
2. What are the focus areas (locations and issues) that the Town would like to explore in more detail? The Town is primed for growth, so strategic planning through land use is the main focus.
3. In Task 3, two items are labeled as ‘Lead’ while the rest are labeled as ‘Assist’, what are the Town’s expectations for Assist items? How will the consultant be expected to work with the Town on those items? Assist = guide or fill in the gaps when necessary
4. The population is labeled as ‘Assist,’ but point 1 says “Take the lead…” is it expected for the consultant to ‘Lead’? Yes, consultant lead.
5. Will the consultant be expected to lead the Public Participation task? Yes.
6. What is the Town expecting to get out of this planning process? To adopt a comprehensive plan to make the Town compliant with the SC Local Government Comprehensive Planning Enabling Act of 1994